This is an old story I wanted to share with the world
I must have been ten years old at the time. I was walking along with my tennis partner Julie when a sweet voice from behind stunned us. “Can I give you give me tips to improve my tennis play?” asked the petite young girl who was standing right behind us.
I didn’t know what to say, I told her to come tomorrow and I would think of tips for her to improve her tennis play. Here are the 10 tennis tips I shared with the girl.
- Improve your weak backhand.
- Serve consistently well and reduce your speed a bit.
- Spend time, intermittently, to hit crosscourt backhands.
- Improve your footwork.
- Practice with better players.
- Play a tournament, if possible or at least, explore the possibilities.
- Exploit your opponent’s weaknesses.
- Take care of your diet.
- Play your strongest shots.
- Take plenty of fluids and preferably an energy bar as well while playing.
Now that I am 40 years of age, I have read many articles giving tips for improving your tennis. Some of those have been superbly researched and written pieces as well. But let me tell you honestly that while I have immensely benefited from those tips to improve my tennis, I have equally benefited by following the simple ten tips given above.